The mission of the DNA Technologies Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide DNA analytical services to campus and other researchers. We are currently focused on Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) and genotyping, using mainly Illumina (HiSeq 3000, HiSeq 2500 and MiSeq), PacBio (RSII), and Fluidigm (C1-single cell analysis and Access Array) platforms. Our goal is to enable access to high throughput genome-wide analyses at economical recharge rates, as a functional extension of your laboratory. The services offered by the Genome Center complement other UC Davis facilities in order to provide access to numerous technologies for genomic analysis.
Read more about Getting Started in the Cores.
Services and Equipment
|Technology Platforms||Facility Services|
|Illumina Sequencing HiSeq 3000, HiSeq 2500 & MiSeq
PacBio Sequencing PacBio RSII
Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Genomics Auto-Prep
Fluidigm Access Array Target Amplification
Fluidigm EP1 Genotyping
|Next-Gen Sequencing (Illumina and PacBio)
Next-Gen Library Prep
DNA Quantification/Library QC
Single Cell Genomics
Equipment: Training & Access
Sample QC: Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Caliper LabChip GX
Sample Prep: Covaris E220, Diagenode Bioruptor & Bioruptor NGS, Sage BluePippin
Automated Library Prep: Caliper Sciclone G3, IntegenX Apollo 324, Fluidigm Access Array
- December 15, 2016We will be open before, after, and between the holidays and closed only on official UC holidays. The UC holidays are Friday the 23rd, Monday the 26th, Friday the 30th, and Monday the 2nd. Happy Holidays! The DNA Tech Core Staff.
Seminar: Simultaneous “multi-omic” measurement of gene fusions, mRNA, & proteins at 800-plex using single-molecule optical barcodesNovember 11, 2016Please joins us for the seminar: Simultaneous “multi-omic” measurement of gene fusions, mRNA, & proteins at 800-plex using single-molecule optical barcodes. Thursday, December 1st: 2pm to 3 pm Genome Center Auditorium (GBSF, #1005) Refreshments provided. Please RSVP using this link. ABSTRACT The ability to measure changes to DNA, RNA, and protein is crucial to developing a comprehensive understanding of biology in the genomics era. NanoString ...
- November 10, 2016Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) has recently published a high quality de novo genome assembly for Arabidopsis based on the data of only two Sequel SMRT-cells. The Sequel is the second generation PacBio sequencer and generates up to 7x more reads per SMRT-cell compared to the first generation PacBio RSII sequencer. The DNA Technologies Core is now ...
RNA-Seq Workshop – Library Preparation and Introduction to Data Analysis – February 8th to 10th 2017October 27, 2016February 8th, 9 a.m. – February 10th, 5 p.m. RNA-seq has revolutionized the way we address complex biological questions, allowing for differential gene expression, differential transcript analysis, as well as transcriptome assemblies. As sequencing output rapidly increases and sample numbers increase, library preparation becomes one of the major bottlenecks. This workshop provides comprehensive hands-on training in the preparation of ...
- September 27, 2016We are sorry the workshop is fully booked. To subscribe to the our email list which announces the workshops, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the subject line: subscribe dnatech_news first_name last_name November 15, 2016, 9 a.m. – November 17, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. RNA-seq has revolutionized the way we address complex biological questions, allowing for differential gene ...
- April 9, 2016May 10, 2016, 9 a.m. – May 12, 2016, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please see this page for the full information and the registration: https://registration.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu/events/DNATech_RNASeq_May_2016/ RNA-seq has revolutionized the way we address complex biological questions, allowing for differential gene expression, differential transcript analysis, as well as transcriptome assemblies. As sequencing output rapidly increases and sample numbers increase, ...
- March 25, 2016The UC Davis DNA Technologies and Expression Analysis Cores have been designated a Campus Research Core Facility From the official announcement: ” …. This designation provides a strategic platform to ensure state-of-the-art research capabilities provided in a cost-efficient manner. The designated laboratories are expected to develop and represent best practices for core facility operation and emerge as centers of excellence for ...
- March 25, 2016We would like to thank everybody who participated in our user survey! Your input is highly appreciated and will help us improve our services. The results are available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-Q67N6H9J/ 73 DNA Technologies and Expression Analysis Core users did participate.
- February 10, 2016Our latest generation Illumina HiSeq3000 sequencer has been upgraded to a HiSeq4000. This means the option to run two flowcells in parallel was enabled. Thus, the sequencer offers now twice the throughput. The chemistry and reagents do not change as should the yields per lane and the high quality of the data.
- January 17, 2016The Bioinformatics core is hosting a free two hour RNA-seq hour work shop on Januray 20th. Please see: http://bioinformatics.ucdavis.edu/rnaseq-workshopjan2016/