The mission of the Expression Analysis Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide services and technologies for gene expression analyses at the genomic level. We are focused on exploiting ultra high throughput sequencing and Illumina expression arrays. The PacBio Iso-Seq protocol enables full-length transcript sequencing and thus the discovery new gene isoforms. Workshops in these technologies are an important part of facility operations. We also offer access to liquid handlers and nucleic acid analyzers to facilitate your experiments.
Read more about Getting Started in the Core.
Services and Equipment
|Illumina Sequencing HiSeq 3000, HiSeq 2500 & MiSeq
PacBio Sequencing PacBio RSII
Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Genomics Auto-Prep
Fluidigm Access Array Target Amplification
Fluidigm EP1 Genotyping
|Next-Gen Sequencing (Illumina and PacBio)
Next-Gen Library Prep (RNA-Seq, miRNA, short RNA, lncRNA, total RNA, genomic)
DNA\RNA Quantification & Library QC
Single Cell Genomics
Equipment: Training & Access
Sample QC: Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Caliper LabChip GX
Sample Prep: Covaris E220, Diagenode Bioruptor & Bioruptor NGS, Sage BluePippin
Automated Library Prep: Caliper Sciclone G3, IntegenX Apollo 324, Fluidigm Access Array
- December 12, 2018PacBio News The new PacBio Sequel chemistry (V3) enables High-Fidelity Long Reads: The chemistry enables significantly longer polymerase reads which can be used to sequence molecules of 10 kb and 15 kb length with 99.9% accuracy. The V2 reagents are discontinued. Thanks to the new chemistry the PacBio technology is now optimal for the sequencing of even the longest amplicons. ...
- December 6, 2018HOLIDAY HOURS: We will be closed on the university holidays December 24th, 25th and 31st as well as January 1st. We expect difficulties with the receipt of shipments in the week between the holidays. Best arrange shipments to arrive by December 20th.
- October 11, 2018We finally have a new online equipment reservation system ready-to go! The new PPMS system will also be used by other Campus Cores in the near future. Stratocore PPMS is now used to book and reserve the folllowing shared instruments: Bioanalyzer, Covaris and Bioruptor sonicators, BuePippin, PippinHT, Plate Reader, Fluidigm Access Array, Sciclone NGS liquid handling robot. The instruments ...
- October 11, 2018Illumina Office Hours October 11th & each 2nd Thursday / month 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Please join your local Illumina support team as they host office hours at UC Davis! What to expect: •Meet your local Illumina support team •Receive updates on the latest Illumina applications •Bring your experimental NGS or Array design questions for our Illumina experts such as: •RNA-Seq •Genotyping •Targeted sequencing •Coffee and ...
- September 26, 2018Summary UC Davis Genome Center DNA Technologies Core adds three key technologies: Nanopore sequencing on the PromethION sequencer High Molecular Weight-DNA isolation Hi-C Chromatin Conformation Capture Introduction The DNA Technologies Core at the Genome Center is adding three services that will be greatly enabling whole genome studies and de novo genome assembly projects. The Genome Center is expanding into the latest sequencing technology, Nanopore sequencing on ...
- September 5, 2018Please note that single-cell pilot and feasibility projects needs to be discussed with the participating cores before the application. Our single-cell expert Diana Burkart-Waco, PhD, (email@example.com) is available for pilot grant project related discussions. To include the other cores please contact Matt Settles (firstname.lastname@example.org ; Bioinformatics) and Bridget McLaughlin (email@example.com; Flow-Cytometry). The feasibility grant will support the analysis of one sample for ...
- August 20, 2018Wednesday is RNA-QC day – starting in September Assessing the integrity of RNA samples with the Bioanalyzer can be time consuming and expensive since each run takes an hour and only 12 RNA can samples can be run. To make RNA QC more convenient and affordable we will be running one or more batches of RNA samples every ...
- August 15, 2018Please join your local Illumina support team as they host office hours at UC Davis! What to expect: Meet your local Illumina support team Receive updates on the latest Illumina applications Bring your experimental NGS or Array design questions for our Illumina experts! Coffee and snacks Where: UC Davis Genome Center GBSF Bldg., Room #1314 451 Health Science Drive Davis, CA 95616 When: Thursday, Aug 30th, 2018 9:30 ...
- August 3, 2018August 3rd, 2018: We have received an unexpected large number of submissions for library prep projects. Thus, the library prep queue is currently longer than usual (about 8 weeks). The sequencing queues are not affected and the sequencing turnaround times are fast (one to two weeks).
- June 28, 20182nd Illumina Hands-On DNA Re-Sequencing Workshop on July 25th Since the July 24th workshop was fully booked immediately, we are offering an additional workshop on the following day. Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 25th (9am ...